As the coming rains signify spring blooms in Pennsylvania, rising concerns of water pollution, squandered fertilizers, and soil erosion comes into sight as well.
Our team at Mack Landscape Management LLC. want to inform you of our concerns for your landscape, prevent any problems beforehand, or diagnose and rectify any existing issues before the problems worsen.
Rain is Vital:
Montgomery county averages 46.3 inches of precipitation per year, 5 inches more than the rest of Pennsylvania, and nearly 10 inches more than the entire average of the United States. This amount of precipitation contributes to the success of a wide variety of plants that thrive here, as well as a continuing problem with erosion, soil infertility, and over fertilization.
The way you, as a property owner, and us, as a responsible Landscaping company, manage your storm water is crucial to maintain your home's foundation, your landscape investments, and your cities water quality.
What Mack Landscape Management LLC. can do for you!
1. Establish the soil condition and percolation rate of the permeable areas of your property.
2. Calculate impervious areas (roof, driveway, hardscape patio) and the amount of water being lost by drainage systems.
3. Inspect and diagnose any problems with flooding, erosion, or storm damage.
4. Test soils for nutrients, retention, and leeching.
By investigating all these factors we can save you money!
1. Are you paying companies like TruGreen to come and fertilize your lawn? If your soils are like most Montgomery county home-owners, they are clayey, and slightly compacted causing poor water filtration. Perhaps your property is on the other side of the spectrum. Sandy and overly porous allowing all the fertilizers and beneficial nutrients to leech or wash right through. MLM can provide aeration to allow air and water to percolate through your soils instead of forcing it to rush off the property with the nutrients you have or have paid to apply. We are also capable of amending grades and changing plant material to retain your properties water reducing the need for irrigation during the hot and dry summers.
2. Draining and sealing your basement can be very expensive. By understanding how much of your property is impervious to rain, we can understand what type of system will best manage your excess water without damaging your home, plants, or landscape.
3. Do you have a steep grade beside or adjacent to your home that seems to be wearing away? Are trees on your property beginning to lean, show more and more of the root system, or even blowing over after a mild to severe storm? These are signs of a serious water runoff problem that we can solve! Replanting trees or perhaps planting the wrong trees for the area can be very costly. Let us inspect and try to remedy the rushing flow of water away with appealing solutions that wont cause damage, headaches, or a lighter wallet every rainy season.
Call or Email us today to schedule your water-runoff and drainage consultation!
Let us help you be storm ready, environmentally conscious, and save money!